Loo views

Loo views

Thursday 14 April 2016

Ashby Peace


This is today's view from my loo. We are in the farmland of the Ashby Canal area and the sheep are mooching about. It's a lovely, quiet canal with few boats passing, few walkers, no cyclists and in fact very little happening at all!

It's a bit of a relief after some exciting times at Mancetter. I love that area and in particular the choice of wonderful walks. This is where we were moored...


And the woods looked like this mostly!

However, I had been lulled into a false sense of security by Bonny, who had been angelically behaved since we started our cruise. So, on our third walk I thought I'd let her have a little play in the woods and let her off the lead. Big mistake! I won't bore you with the whole story but suffice to say, having run off through the woods, across several fields, through a junkyard and onto a golf course, she was caught two and a half hours later by a young man walking his Staffie.


I can't tell you how relieved I was to get her back!

So after collapsing for the rest of Tuesday, we set off for the Ashby Canal the next morning. I managed to water up and do some shopping in Nuneaton on the way through. Now we are moored on a scrap of Armco near Burton Hastings. Bonny is lead bound for the foreseeable future, but as there are brilliant new walks to explore every day, it's not as bad as all that!

6 comments:

  1. Great news... another canal, and one that gets better and better all the way to the terminus, plus it was where Percy was built and launched !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We nearly put it under our names when we had Percy repainted

      Delete
  2. Sounds like an ideal place to have a bit of a rest. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is but I find that after a day or two sitting still, I get itchy feet and have to cruise to a new view! I'm hoping I'll get slower and slower!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete