Loo views

Loo views

Wednesday 19 April 2017

Improving things?

I have just moored up on the outskirts of Stoke on Trent. Despite being very close to the city, I remembered a very good mooring with a lovely walk from when we were last here in 2012. This is what the footpath looked like then:


And this was the view:


This is what we found today: the path...


And the view...


But the reason I am writing this post is because of the notice I found on the fence...


'Footpath improvement works?' 'Aesthetically enhance my enjoyment of the area?' Not sticking a huge warehouse in the middle of a meadow would aesthetically enhance my enjoyment. Not laying down loads of sharp rocks would improve the footpath. As for 'creating a wetland area' that used to happen naturally every winter!

It is yet another example of the state and big business trying to spin a negative into a positive. In this case trying to make out they have enhanced the area rather than ruined it. It makes me so angry! It's bad enough that green field building is all the rage these days but don't then try and make out you have done us a favour!

Ah well, on the upside my foot wasn't as painful today and at least Bonny found a view!

No comments:

Post a Comment