Loo views

Loo views

Wednesday 24 February 2016

Happy Days

Here in the sun is my newly beautifully blacked boat. Also showing is my new, super duper TV aerial. It is a Maplins DTV1000 costing £45. It is an amplified one running off 12 or 240v and I am so, so impressed so far. Firstly it can be stored upright, just below the cratch, as opposed to my old spiky aerial that had to lie on the roof, damaging both the spikes and the roof. It is only a few inches high and yet, so far, it has given massively better reception than my old one. I moored in the woods on my way back from blacking and usually about the only channel I can get is Gay Rabbit! If I do get more channels, I usually have to watch them from the galley, as if I go any closer to the TV, the picture disappears! But with this one I got 139 channels, most crystal clear. My only problem now is to find a channel I can actually be bothered to watch.

The second reason for the title of this post is because I have handed in my notice at work. That makes my upcoming freedom to cruise feel like a reality for the first time. I was surprised by my boss. I expected her to be pretty grumpy about my decision but instead she applauded my decision to seize the day! So all I have to do now is to work till the end of March, get the boat cruising ready and stockpile as many dry goods as I have room for! Oh and try to rid myself of the fear that something is going to happen to stop me going!

1 comment: