Loo views

Loo views

Monday, 13 June 2016

I am going to die


I watched a drama last night where a character I have followed for ages, died. The hospital drama Holby City, explored the nature of death and how we approach it in an exceptionally deep and thoughtful way.
I cried my eyes out when Arthur Digby died, but I was also filled with a fierce joy. I am going to die. What can be more awful than that? So if I keep in mind that I am going to die, all the other anxieties in my life fade to their proper perspective. As Arthur said, “I'm going to die, I don't need to worry any more.”

I am going to die and this fact makes me want to live. Live intensely, live with no regrets, live as fully as I can. It makes me so happy that I have already seized the day. Yes, it is probable I will run out of money. Yes, I am alone and there is every likelihood I will die alone. Yes, I am not achieving anything that the modern world values. But I am going to die, so Carpe Diem and let's go boating!