Loo views

Loo views

Thursday, 2 June 2016

A different view


Usually my view from the loo is of a countryside scene but today I am moored in the canal basin in Stratford Upon Avon, surrounded by tourists. It is a lovely place to moor, with the theatre on one side and the river on the other. So much to watch and be involved in.

But I am writing this, at 2pm on a sunny day whilst lying in a darkened cabin! I have been out and about this morning but I am exhausted. It is a combination of 78 locks and goodness knows how many miles in 5 days and a disturbed night's sleep due to my blow up mattress developing a leak. This meant I woke at about 2am with my legs straight up in the air, my head bent forward and my bum on the hard ground. As I woke I thought the boat was sinking so I was quite relieved to discover it was only the mattress!

I am also finding it draining to be in constant company. My friends have been on board for a week now and I love their company, conversation and crewing. But being essentially a solitary person, I recharge my batteries by being quiet on my own and that is not possible at present. However they have been very sensitive to that and have gone off for a couple of hours to give me some space.

So hopefully with air bed mended and a full night's sleep, I shall be ready to do Stratford in the morning!