Loo views

Loo views

Saturday, 19 December 2015

Flushed with success!

I was in two minds about going into the marina today as the forecast was rain and wind. I can cope with the rain, but wind against the side of a 50' narrow boat can get interesting. Particularly since, at Kings Bromley, you have to pirouette between the moored boats and then reverse onto the diesel dock. I came through Woodend Lock in a gusty rain and spent a while fishing logs out of the lock so I could open the gates. But I decided to push on and get it done.
My stomach always clenches a bit when I have to do a tricky manoeuvre, but it went really well and I brought her stern first smoothly to the dock. Fortunately no one was watching as I punched the air and said 'Yes!' in a rather boastful way.
Emptied of poo and filled with diesel and gas, I was satisfied but not finished. I still had to work so I threw Bonny in the boat for a rest (she always rides on the roof when cruising. She sees herself as an essential member of the crew). Then I changed into my Kings Bromley Marina uniform and off to clean the facilities. A couple of hours later I was done. I reopened the boat and took her into the woods to moor up for the night (hence the new view from the loo). A walk for Bonny and I am finally sitting down. Phew!
I'll go back down the flight tomorrow and then return to Kings Bromley for a staff Xmas drink. No rest for the wicked.