Loo views

Loo views

Saturday 12 March 2016

Less than 3 weeks and we are ready!

Bonny and I are getting properly excited now about our coming cruise. She is trying out one of her favourite positions...
I have been deciding what to take and what to leave on the mooring. The roof is starting to fill up nicely, but I need to make sure I have a clear path to walk on it. I use the roof all the time in locks, climbing up on the roof and then using the lock ladder to get out of deep locks and vice versa to get back on the boat. 
We are so looking forward to setting off. I say we, Bonny may not know what the plan is, but she knows something is up. For the first time since she was a pup she has been showing anxiety when I leave the boat without her. I have also had to watch for over excitement on walks or on the mooring. Just a few minutes ago she suddenly took off, racing up the mooring and almost out of sight. I had to be very stern with her to get her back!

My sleep pattern hasn't been right for weeks. I have been waking at 2 or 3am either convinced it's time to get up or beset by terrors and imaginings that are always worse in the dark hours. 'What if I injure myself whilst in the middle of nowhere?' What if I drop my phone in the cut?' What if I run out of money?' 'What if I hate cruising and long for the pleasure of cleaning the marina loos?' Once daylight comes the fears recede and the excitement takes over. Just 12 working days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment