Loo views

Loo views

Tuesday 19 January 2016

Water worries

My run of bad luck continues. My water pump continues its slow decline. So, rather than risking pushing it into its grave by having a shower, I checked with the marina manager that it was OK to have a shower there after cleaning. 'No problem,' she said.
So I got my uniform on and drove to the post office to find that my new water pump had arrived (despite last night's email from Amazon saying they wouldn't be delivering it because I had entered the wrong address!)
Then, on my way to work I received a call to say that, due to a problem at the marina, the facilities block has been closed so I can't clean them, or have a shower until the problem is resolved. Back home and phoned the same people who came out last time I had a leak. Yes, they were happy to come and fit the pump, but not till Thursday afternoon.
Rather than staying smelly, I decided to try out the newly refurbished showers at Fradley Junction. They were certainly clean but that is the only good thing I can say about the CRT showers. It has been designed as a wet room, so no shower tray, just a plughole in the floor. The new flooring has been cunningly designed so that, instead of the water flowing towards the hole, it circumvents it entirely and flows first towards the toilet and then meanders towards the door. By the time I was ready to get dry, there wasn't an inch of unwatered floor to stand on. The shower itself has a tiny head and low water pressure so it is rather like being widdled on and the temperature choice seems to be scalding or freezing. I spent as long trying to mop up the water after my shower than I did actually showering!
I walked back to the boat with my wet hair begin to freeze to the back of my neck only to find that my fire had gone out and the temperature on the boat had dropped to 5 degrees.
So much for the romance of boating!

10 comments:

  1. Good heavens. You poor thing. I do hope it all gets sorted soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear of your water pump problem. I had to replace mine twice during the 12 years I had the boat. But a shame it had to happen in the winter too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one has done well then, considering it gets used every day. I have only replaced it once in 7 years! I can't remember when but I reckon it has lasted at least 4 years.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. I wonder why the blog god insists on publishing my comments twice?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder why the blog god insists on publishing my comments twice?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do take care getting so cold like that. Pray it is all sorted soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The wonderful life of a livaboard eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Feeling more positive today although my back is complaining after spending days hanging upside down in the engine room, followed by a morning hauling poo! Be much happier when water pump is sorted out, Thursday hopefully

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete