Loo views

Loo views

Thursday, 14 January 2016

I did it without a man!

I had another go at servicing the engine today. This time I ran the engine for 20 minutes or so before taking my friend Graham's leather strap affair to the filter. I had thought of pouring hot water over the filter, with the idea that if the metal expanded it might be easier to shift. Graham pointed out that running the engine till the oil heated up would produce the same result. It worked! I thought the strap was just slipping at first, but no, the filter turned. Oh the relief!
Unfortunately that meant doing the oil change in freezing temperatures, with an arctic wind blowing! But I did it and oh I feel flushed with success! I can also feel every single muscle in my body and I'm sure I have developed frostbite on my nose and fingers. Now all I have to do is get the right sized fuel filter from the boatyard and work out how to get the old gear box oil out so I can put fresh stuff in. Any tips gratefully received.
And all done without a man in sight. I am woman, hear me roar!!