Loo views

Loo views

Monday 16 November 2015

Not quite up and running!

2016 is the year I shall be free. I am giving up work at the end of March and then will cruise my 50' narrow boat around the inland waterway system for several months.
I have set up this blog as a record of the experience. I have never been totally free before and also, apart from my dog, Bonny I shall be doing it entirely alone.
Why view from the loo? Well, in previous trips out, I have taken photos of various mooring spots through my loo window. Then, as I do some of my best thinking on the loo, I have recorded my views, thoughts, musings and posted them on Facebook. These pictures and thoughts have been surpringly popular and many people encouraged me to start up this blog and publish my views regularly. So here it is.
I have started the blog now because I wanted the name before someone else snaffled it. However, I won't be starting my mammoth cruise until April, so I'm not sure what I will post before then. We shall see.. 

6 comments:

  1. Nice to be the first comment, being the nearest neighbour for now of course. I think it is a great idea and good to start before you start if you know what I mean. Some of the best blogs are those that detail all the places people have been so if anyone (me) ever gets there we can read up on whats to see and where to moor etc. The bloggersphere needs more like you Mandy, venturing out to give those land lubbers their vicarious fix, a few are slowing down or giving up so we look forward to your thinkings and travelling next year. One thing for sure it will come around sooner than you think !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nev. I made need your help as an experienced blogger. I can't seem to work out how to design the page. Ideally I need a space for a photo every time I write. I also want to fill in the about you bit and have a list of followers bit but no joy!

      Delete
    2. Hi Mandy,

      I set my blog up on a pc using Chrome. The app does not allow much tweaking only posting as far as I can see. Have you tried downloading Chrome as a web browser on your tablet then connecting to your blog using Chrome - ensuring you ask it to open the blog in the desktop version not the mobile version....usually scroll to the bottom of the blog and select the version you wish to view the blog in. Once using the desktop view you should be able to access all the layout tools ?

      Delete
  2. Fabulous! Will follow with great interest! Love your views from the loo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blog land. Have added you to our blog roll and look forward to reading all about your travels when you set of next April. Xx

    ReplyDelete